When most people hear the word “insurance” they think of their cars, but in many cases their home is the most important and expensive piece of property they own. Our agency offers a variety of comprehensive homeowner’s insurance policies to choose from and these plans can be tailored to suit your individual needs and budget.
ERIE’s HomeProtector policies automatically include a full complement of standard features that cover your dwelling, personal property and other structures. The policy also includes liability protection, loss of use and medical payments to others coverage. You may take advantage of higher deductibles, discounts and credits to reduce your insurance premiums, and you can add endorsements to your policy to broaden the protection limits even further.
Paying for smaller claims yourself may enable you to lower your homeowner’s insurance premiums by choosing a higher deductible. ERIE offers a choice of deductibles along with the following discounts:
Discounts & Credits
- Multi-policy – By insuring your auto and home with ERIE, you will receive a discount on your auto premium as well as your homeowner’s insurance premium.
- New Home – Receive a new home discount if the dwelling was constructed within the past 10 years.
- Premises Alarm – A 5% discount is applied to your premium if you have smoke detectors installed in your home. 10% discount would apply if the home were centrally monitored.
ERIE offers a variety of optional coverage’s to meet your individual needs and these can be added to your homeowner’s policy by endorsement for a minimal additional premium. Some of the common endorsements include:
- Sinkhole Collapse Endorsement – adds coverage to dwelling or structures (not including land) due to sinkhole collapse
- Schedule Personal Property Coverage for high value jewelry, antiques, furs, fine arts, etc.
- Enhancement Endorsement – This endorsement increases the special amounts to even higher limits and includes these additional benefits:
- Payment up to $10,000 for direct loss caused by water or sewage that backs up through sewers or drains.
- Payment up to an additional 10 percent of the amount on Dwelling Coverage for loss to trees, shrubs, plants and lawns on the residence premises.
- Waiver of deductible shown on the policy declaration page for any loss from covered peril, exceeding $50,000.
- Ordinance of Law – covers any additional costs incurred because of changes in municipal codes.
- • Additional Endorsements – In addition, some of the other available endorsements include:
- Earthquake Coverage
- Nurse’s Professional Liability
- Personal Computer Coverage
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost on the Dwelling and Personal Property
- Identity Theft Coverage
- Flood Coverage- (available through American Bankers Trust Company)
If you would like a comprehensive review of our homeowners insurance program, please contact us.